Would you believe that basil is considered an All-in-1 herb? Aside from giving your food a distinct sweet aroma and taste, basil has been found to have multiple health benefits. In fact, most literature nowadays call it “a plant that has all the health benefits you need.” It is actually one of the healthiest herbs known to man.
1. rich in vitamins A, B6, C, K, and the minerals iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and potassium.
2. rich in beta-carotene and flavonoids which protect cells– anti-aging/anti-oxidant properties
3. rich in potent volatile oils (10+ have been identified)– antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
4. alleviates cough, colds, headaches
5. relieves pain caused by animal stings and bites
6. relieves earaches and infections
7. has a calming effect, thus helps reduce stress
8. soothes indigestion
9. helps prevent atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke
10. helps prevent asthma, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis.
11. ongoing study reveals it has the potential to inhibit diabetes
12. cleanses the blood
For basil tea: Mix ginger (1/8 fresh, grated) and basil (3 tbsp, fresh & finely chopped) in a saucepan. Pour freshly boiled water and cover. Strain after 10 minutes. Add honey to taste (optional).
For general basil dishes: http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/warm-spinach-basil-salad-recipe/
For basil desserts: http://www.justeatlife.com/2015/03/13/vanilla-strawberry-basil-cake/
For basil salads: http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/warm-spinach-basil-salad-recipe/
For basil pesto: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fresh_basil_pesto/